Placebo's TK: Update

Placebo's TK

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Update

I've been doing some developmental TK with the foil, but haven't had as much time as I'd like. Partly because I'm finding it really hard to get out of bed early (lately), and partly due to guests in the evenings (fun anyway)

I have a video snippet from the practice I did get, but I feel it doesn't warrant sticking online. It's not much better, if any, than the last one. Maybe if I get some spare time soon :P (unlikely)

Today was another TK-less day, and I'm fairly tipsy from some wine and rum. So excuse any irrational language :P

What was interesting about yesterday (or day before? *scratches head*) - I sat in front of the TV with a small cake fork and experimented with a bit of spoonbending (No, I don't necessarily have an opinion on it's authenticity. I was just playing :) )
In any event, I rested the fork in my left hand, and tried to bend it in a similar way that I do TK, using my right hand (+usual head sensations)

I didn't bend it at all, but when doing TK on it I could FEEL the fork moving in my left hand. That left me quite excited. Of course, that doesn't mean much to everyone else, since it's not demonstrable, but it had me quite excited all the same :)

Other than that - I've been looking around the Randi forums. Interesting bunch :)
After looking over the attitude to the challenge, I don't think I'm close to being verifiable just yet. At least not well enough to chance the expense of travel, disruption of job, etc etc
So I fall in the box of 'believer' and unable to prove it yet :P

3 Comments:

  • Writing tipsy is fun, isn't it? And you weren't too much off-topic either :P I played a little with the spoon and fork too, no results so far but I keep trying.
    Good job with the foil by the way!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:33 PM  

  • They're intresting people but no doubt they will laugh at you when you apply (if you apply). I guess that is to be expected though, and you can just console yourself with what their faces would/will look like if you prove it, heh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 AM  

  • Well, like I say, I'm not sufficiently verifiable yet anyway (I think)
    Thus even if I apply they would turn it down.

    I'm going to join the forum soon enough, just to have a say here and there. I'm not in a position to prove anything yet.

    By Blogger Chilliboy, at 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home