Placebo's TK: Float's article + Ice cubes!

Placebo's TK

Friday, January 28, 2005

Float's article + Ice cubes!

I tried to demonstrate TK to my dad yesterday... but unfortunately I was way too tense :(
Anyway, I'll try it again soon

After he left, my TK was better, but still not as good as usual.
It gradually got better, until I felt happy to try out spinning some folded foil (on a table)
I found it pretty hard, but I got it to budge a few times

The next morning I had another session with some success. I was thinking about the fact that I had rotated an ice-cube a while back - so I ended my session by going to the kitchen and trying that again.

And to my suprise... the ice cube seems easier than the foil :?
I wondered if it was heat from my fingers, so I tried more distance, and being careful with hand positions - but it seemed all good
I didn't spin it as much as I had previously, but it's something :D

On a different note, Float has published an article, which you can find here
It's quite well written, and to the point in my opinion

5 Comments:

  • yo placebo, did you factor in the friction? because the ice melts while it is sitting there it floats on a thin film of water that acts as a lubricant allowing things to slide.(this allows people to ice skate, and naturally people walking on ice in normal shoes to fall over) otherwise the skates wouldn't move anywhere. now back to a basic lesson in friction, the ice cube floats on the desk or whatever you had it sitting on in this small film of water, and because of this floating effect the ice cube has less surface area that is actually toutching the desk directly making it easier to move. On the other hand the foil has more friction because there is no barrier between the foil and the desk to lubricate it and allow it to slide around. Thus making the foil harder to move.

    By Blogger SlippedInsane, at 8:53 PM  

  • Yep, of course I thought about friction.
    But the ice block is a lot heavier... more inertia.

    So it seems like foil needs greater force, but ice needs more consistent force.
    I'm beginning to get the foil to move :)

    Today was a seriously bad session because my chronic heartburn issues kicked in :(
    There's no way to concentrate with hearburn ..

    By Blogger Chilliboy, at 11:12 PM  

  • but all you have to do is move the ice one direction then reverse it, making it wobble untill you can spin it. Isn't there some form of surgery you can have to correct the heartburn?

    By Blogger SlippedInsane, at 12:25 AM  

  • There is an operation I should go in for, but I want to try lose some weight first.
    The operation has a very low success rate, that is aggravated by obesity

    Personally I'm not sure which is the cause - the condition or the obesity :/
    I was a seriously skinny person until about 21 years old

    By Blogger Chilliboy, at 12:35 AM  

  • im going the opposite way, as i grow taller i get skinnier

    By Blogger SlippedInsane, at 1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home