Placebo's TK: Non Visual

Placebo's TK

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Non Visual

I got a tiny bit of time to practice today, and used the balanced straw for a quick + simple 'workout' :)
I was trying to spin the straw with my hands about 20 cm below the table, under the straw. I realise this might cause thermals on the edge of the straw, but considering that I had no success for some time - it seems unlikely.

At first, my TK was almost unnoticeable. Very disappointing :I realised somewhere in the middle of it that I had my mind racing through thoughts of theories and criticism. So without stopping the flow, I tried to clear my mind - this time by closing my eyes and visualising a simple dot. In the back of my mind, I was still letting things flow, with the idea to make it rotate anticlockwise (much as you would effortlessly think of running while concentrating on catching a ball :P - call it consciousness splitting if you will)
Keep in mind that I'm fairly good at controlling my thoughts when I put a bit of effort into it - due to my self hypnosis and lucid dreaming hobbies :)

In any event, when I opened my eyes: I had not moved but the straw was moving anticlockwise.
Of course, it doesn't mean a lot considering that it can be explained with thermals, but I find it interesting due to the delay of success in that case.

I continued to keep my mind free of distractions and had a bit more success, but nothing particularly noteworthy - I give today a score of 1.1 on Conrad's scale. Poor.
Considering that I had previous claims of reproducibly rotating the straw in a direction of my choice - it is actually quite dismal.
That said, I also didn't get a lot of time to get into it and I had difficulty concentrating in the heat and with a cloth wrapped around my face :P

Tomorrow seems to be a potentially free day for me, and will be able to get a decent amount of time to practice. Goody :)

James Conrad
I've finally got around to reading James Conrad's site, thanks to a link from Keith Mayes
He has some interesting ideas. Some I find interesting, others I question.
One thing that stuck out to me was his tenuous belief in blood iron content
After talking with my wife... she let me onto a little hidden piece of information that she tends to cook food with high iron content during her menstruation.

Perhaps the trend will be evident in my TK, since I would be increasing my iron levels slowly during that time?
It's only a theory, and everyone seems to have them these days. But it's worth a look :)

I would also like to ask Keith of his opinions on James Conrad ...

Practice Method
As I indicated, I think I need to tighten up with the way I do my practice. I'm way to casual about it, and lately that seems to be a bad thing (tm)

One move I'd like to make... I will decide on an exercise to attempt PRIOR to the practice
That way I can put more thought into it, and perhaps record data about my progress or lack thereof (at times)

Two: I would like to rate my TK on a scale for each practice. I may as well base it loosely on Conrad's levels of ability - loosely because it isn't that clearly defined. I'll fill in a rough chart for myself as I go along.

Another thing I'd like to do, is to change my 'explanation' page a bit more. My attitude to things has changed recently and I feel the explanation page needs amending.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home